Players – please add comments to this adventure log with any details on what has been happening.
Here is what works well for the plot – but is subject to change if you want to go a different way.
- Gilbert R. Warfield (John) Working a ranch hand for room & board at Van Young’s place in Grass Valley. Racing Darley whenever the opportunity presents itself – for a little coin, and the opportunity to stud in the spring.
- John Jost Althaus (Greg) Trapping beaver in the Sierra Nevada, and just about to head back to Nevada City for a hot meal, soft bed and a bath.
- Garrett Mathews (Kevin) Working for the Sacramento Valley Railroad clearing the tracks between Sacramento and Folsom. Angling to get a job as foreman when they start expanding the line to Placer County.
- Jess Connor (Dave) Express messenger (later called “riding shotgun”) for the Pioneer Stage Line, making the run from Placerville to Folsom to Sacramento to Stockton and connecting to the Butterfield Express at San Jose. On the road between San Jose & Stockton on the return leg when the session starts.
- Nurse Jane Wilson (Judi) Struggling to stay afloat in Nevada City with business turning sour.
- Samuel Davis (Daniel) Freelance reporter for the Nevada Journal – on temporary assignment in Sacramento covering the statehouse beat